View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I am soo glad!

That things went well! AND that you stuck to your guns! Nothing is worse than getting in an infusion situation w/person[s] you can't stand.

What were Alan's pre-meds by the way? How much of which what's? IF he's doing the Benedryl thing, he's probably in a state half-like a caffeine buzz [the ivig] and half doze state [the Benedryl] Is a quirky place to be, but wears off after a day or two. Headaches tho? If he's got a migraine-like one [vise grips around the head, head going to explode things] call the doc's office and I'm betting YOU kept track of the rates as they were upped and done.

One suggestion for the future tho, IF you are going to keep doing the 2-day infusion route, try to schedule your infusions for a Wed/Thu or Thu/Fri. w/delivery of the IVIG on Mon or Tue. That way you have wiggle room in case of delivery problems and weather events such as blizzards or whatever. It's worked really well for me that way. I book all Doc appointments AROUND my infusion dates, no AND's IF's or BUT's! With NO EXCEPTIONS!

I guess I'm now in 'good' with my IV nurse! I was supposed to have infusion last Wed/Thu and they didn't deliver. So my nurse changed her schedule so's she could do me on Thu/Fri...putting off her vacation on Fri. I feel not only totally lucky, but honored! Sure wish I knew what I'm doing right!

Melody I hope you have the same good treatment I am having! - j

Maybe? You could tease Alan about his 'kinky tubing?' [sorry, just couldn't help it!]
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote