View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 08:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

------------

I am thankful to have found this. I have the AdaptiveStim and I don't have positional problems this time, but I had terrible ones with my last stim. The leads are ever-moving until they settle into place with the scar tissue which can be a few months, but it will happen The AdaptiveStim had been awesome for me, amazing relief compared to the other one, I havent had positional problems with it so far, but I did have another one!... BIG TIME!!

I had a Medtronic SCS implanted in 7/09 and had a lot of the typical shocking issues with movement and had the leads move on me so I had a paddle lead and the AdaptiveStim implanted on 1/5 of this year- same as you! I believe my rep said that i was the 2nd in NYC. which made me slightly** uncomfortable but pretty excited to have it!

About a week and a half ago I was sitting down (not moving a muscle) and the thing cranked itself up on its own and began pretty much electrocuting me on its own will. It would do this on and off as it pleased at incredibly high levels and sometimes would just not turn itself down, clearly I began carrying my remote around in my hand, but I had to meet with Medtronic to turn the AdaptiveStim feature off for now and revert back to the standard settings to give my leg and brain a break. Since then I have been in a pretty large amount of pain and have been experiencing a few strange neurological side effects (these are hard to completely blame on this as I injured my RSD leg the next day,what luck! but i was very uncomfortable up until then)
Has anybody heard of this??
Positive Side of this SCS: I had tremendous relief up until this incident.

I hope you are enjoying it better by now!
Best,
Eliza
ElizaH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (04-13-2012), Rrae (04-12-2012)