View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't know the laws in your state, but I would suggest you confer with an Attorney. You mayhave a claim anyway since you fell due to ice in the parking lot. What does everyone else think?

I am adding this paragraph that I just found on another site:

"Generally, this kind of scenario is covered by workers comp. Leave the decision up to the Claims Adjuster. Your employer is not the claims adjuster. You aren't the claims adjuster. If your employer won't file the claim for you, then you'll have to call the work comp company and file it yourself. The adjuster will then determine (based on state laws and case law) whether or not it's work related. If the adjuster denies the claim, there should be an appeals process at which point you may want to consider an attorney.

Even though your employer cannot do anything about the ice, that doesn't protect them from liability for a work comp claim. Work Comp is a no-fault system. It pays for disability benefits and medical treatment when an employee is injured at work regardless of fault. The pharse "at work" is typically extended to more than just between the hours of 8 to 5."

Again, I'm not sure if it applies to your state, but it is worth checking into.

Symptoms: focus/concentration issues, short term memory issues, nausia, dizziness, sleep problems, noise/light sensitivities, extreme fatigue, irritability, vision problems, slow processing, tingling in extremeties and a few more I can't remember.
HeadStrong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (04-12-2012)