View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It sounds as though you have a good response from sinemet, so it is likely you have something on the PD spectrum. That this should be PsP is not usually something that is diagnosed in the twinkling of an eye, or a few lines over it. It is usually, like dx for PD, something that happens over time, with observation, as differences begin to differentiate it from idiopathic PD. In PSP I believe that it is not eye movements so much that are different, but the way become limited in movement, though don't quote me on it, I only go on what I have learned through reading. The main limitation is on looking downward, as far as my reading tells me. I have not before heard of creases over the eyes, though I suppose they could occur if one had to raise them in order to control the limitations. But people raise their eyebrows ro all sorts of reasons.......

Ask your doctor for a fuller explanation of his findings. If they do not ring true, or are not substantiated with anything other than the creases, then go for a second opinion. Do understand though that all the PD spectrum disorders are difficult to diagnose, and take time and expertise. Some of us have 'iffy' diagnoses after years of movement problems and treatment.

Goog luck with finding answers. Feel free to post back again with any questions, there are some great people here, and news members are always welcome.

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote