View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Welcome to Neuro Talk. You will find alot of information on back issues. There are others who will be responding to you also about this. One of the good things about your MRI is that most of the wording says "Mild" or "moderate"
If it had said "severe" in any of the comments with your verterbre that would be a situation where sometimes sugery is needed. You don't want surgery, unless that is your only option. All therapies, would be good to look at now. Physical Therapy, can have a good effect. Also a second opinion is always a good idea. In the language of your MRI, look up each individual word. That will help you learn the language they use in describing your conditon. When you doctor next talks to you about it, you won't feel like you don't understand. There will be other folks who can describe more thoroughly each comment on your MRI. You will also find alot of support here and make a few friends. Welcome again to NT. ginnie

Thanks ginnie. I injured my back lifting at work. It has slowly gotten worse since then. My doctor had me try PT for two weeks but I would have worse pain after so he stopped it. I started on naproxen and Vicodin and now I'm on voltoren, neurontin, Percocet 3x a day. Last week I had my first epidural. Nothing happened and it actually flared up for a week after.
bennyvegas75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-13-2012)