View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmarie18 View Post
I have been taking pain meds for a while now for my discs in my neck. Are doctors allowed to just stop writing rx? or are hey obligated to ween you off? I had an injection, it didnt work and the dr said he doesnt feel he can control my pain and thinks I need to go to pain managment. Does that mean he is not going to refil my next script? and is he allowed to do that with all the bad side effects that can happen by stopping abruptly. thanks
Unfortunately, yes. So is the insurance company. They have put me in withdrawell so many times, that now I horde my medicine in case I can't GET ENOUGH. It's terrible and unfortunately it has helped me to use ice and relaxation techniques and not depend on anyone/anything I can't get by myself.

They call that something like not in compliance or something... oh, not taking the dose you are ordered to take. It's a catch 22. If you do and they deny it later, you go into withdrawel, if you don't so that THE AMOUNT THEY ORDER, SO you can wean yourself off, (if thEy deny it again) then you forget when to call in a refill and think you don't NEED it.

You can't win.
MalindaK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-01-2012)