View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 05:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi laura18,

I understand your fear and confusion. Your comment in your intro post about your arm, "my arm feels like there is an elastic band being tightened around it and it is soo discoloured and weak..i cant even close my fingers HALFWAY into a fist and it is like a block of ice.. " is similar in feeling to my arms.

I have learnt from researching on this forum, TOS reference web sites and from my surgeon, that the discouration is venous, not neurological, along with the feeling of cold, weakness and fullness (tightened somewhere) because the blood can't drain. Personally, I have minor veins taking the blood flow they were not designed for because of the blockages to my main vein. (name escapes me at the moment.)

ladylaura418 and Sheri_TOS are so right with their comments, especially about all of the tests you go through are to discount other possibilities rather than confirm.

I did not see that you have had any venography, which tracks your blood flow in real time on a monitor, not lying still in an MRI or CT machine. They should have you move your arm through a range of motions and you have contrast injected when they take an image of areas of concern.

I can recommend the venogram which is an xray looking result after the injection of an opaque substance into a vein.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Blurto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote