View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
With cold making it worse, I'd wonder if you should have tests for cryoglobulins. Or MGUS. These are antibody proteins that thicken the blood. It can be inherited, but is not like Charcot Marie Tooth inherited types of PN.
Dear Mrs.D,
Before I have my PN symptoms, I always feel cold when everybody around me are not. Everytime I mention this to my primary care physician, she would say its probably my thyroid. I sort of accepted it.

Since I have the PN symptoms, I constantly feel this coldness in my body. Actually, to be more precise, its in the part of my skin where the prickly sensation is felt most. I would feel cold when I yawn (which is very often), when i touch a metal or water AND when I feel cold its more intense because goose bumps will appear in the skin where I feel prickly the most. Although this sensation would only last a few seconds but it happens very, very often (perhaps every 15 mins or less, specially last winter) and the feeling of coldness/goosebumps is uncomfortable. I thought this could be just because of the hypersensitive skin. But now that you mentioned about MGUS, is my "cold sensation" similar to the kind of "cold" you were referring to?

Thank you, as always.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (04-12-2012)