View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I get temporary numb areas on my right hand (it is the one with the more severe carpal tunnel). It seems to be more often when I am very hungry and need to eat. I think it is my body reacting to low blood sugars. Eating smaller meals and having snacks seem to help.

I just got back from a long day yesterday, a lecture for my CE requirements. It was on brain chemistry, and appetite, satiety and neurotransmitters. The gal giving it was just excellent providing many studies and factoids that are useful. One struck me... don't get really hungry between meals, so you are getting ravenous. It is best to have less at the meal, smaller portion and a quality snack instead, and when I do this, I find the numbness is much less. I can get numb hands sleeping if I don't use my braces at night. I did some sewing last month, and it set me off for a couple of weeks at night and I had to wear my braces.

Also look at your shoes. If you tie the laces up too tightly they will compress the tops of your feet, the instep, and that is where the nerves are going to the toes. There are alternate ways to lace shoes to take the pressure off this area.
This link has anatomy, and wonderful help about the feet... I urge you to read it in your spare time:
http://www.northcoastfootcare.com/

As coincidence would have it, today I am going to a special shoe store that sells Gravitydefyer shoes. I think I'll try these for my left foot/ankle pain/swelling.

http://gravitydefyer.com/?gclid=COyD...FSQCQAodvV3CIA
This company is affordable (some others go over $300) and I think might be helpful for me. So I found one place in my state where I can try them on. (I usually run 90% failure on shoes because of my special needs, some PN, some hereditary high instep, some arthritis, some this surgical damage)

I'll post if I have success. I'll check out what else they have too.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RideOn (04-13-2012)