View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Tongue

I think it is just appalling about medicine today. 30 yrs ago I was given overdoses of a blood pressure drug, while in the hospital for pregnancy high blood pressure. I could have become a statistic that night. I had to fight with two doctors, and finally my doctor on the phone, put an end to the problem!

It is no accident that 4th leading cause of death has been medical errors in hospitals, and missuse of drugs in treatments.

When I refused treatment having my massive drug reaction, the resident was not happy. But I stuck to my guns and he left.
I was so sick...I had a migraine from "you know where" because the blood vessels in my head were so dilated, my face was purple! Good thing I didn't burst one. And you know, 2 nights later when my BP was down to 140/90 a nurse brought the dreaded injection in to me at 2am, I could hear it clank in the tray, and it woke me up, and I said.. "What's THAT?" She said your nightly injection, and it turned out to be the horrible massive dose that almost killed me 2 nights before!. That had been discontinued on my chart supposedly and there it was, she was going to give it to me AGAIN! Events like this do not inspire confidence!

My baby son and I almost died that night. But only my vigilance saved us!

Since I was pregnant I could have no pain meds for my killer headache, so a nice nurse brought in some ice and sat with me to calm me down. She winked at me and said..."you did a great job with Dr. X.... none of us women nurses like HIM at ALL!" I imagine nurses see many such events...like a stupid doctor ordering MORE of a drug that is causing a visible alarming reaction in someone! I had to tell him I know more about hydralazine that he did...and I REFUSE more of it!
And to have it brought back 2 nights later.... I felt like I was on a Dateline show or something!

One has to be very very careful when doctors are concerned!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (04-13-2012), Dejibo (04-13-2012), ginnie (04-15-2012), Judy2 (04-15-2012), Kitty (04-13-2012), SallyC (04-13-2012), Twinkletoes (04-17-2012)