View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi. Alan's premeds are one benadyl and two tylenol 30 minutes before the guy gets here.

After taking th benadryl, Alan slept for 2 hours. The guy and I spoke french for 2 hours.

Alan woke up, and we all had a nice chat. The guy did his thing with the monitoring, blood pressure, pulse, paperwork. Very nice guy.

Alan wants to get a part time job on the weekends, so he and this guy will get their dates straight. The guy said "you also have to understand that it's also about the availability of the Gammaglobulin". It seems that at various times, this nurse had an appointment to give someone an infusion but they never received their meds. Stupid me, I thought, you are supposed to get meds, YOU GET MEDS. That appears to not always be the case.

But I'm learning.

But right now Alan wants to kill somebody. It seem that he LOST HIS ACCESS-A-RIDE PRIVILIGES. He was supposed to go for an interview (they do this every year or so and re-interview you and you fill out paper work,and you go down to the Access-a-ride office and they watch how you walk how you move), etc. and they decide if they will renew you. Alan, because of his neuropathy, has always gotten renewed.

Well, the appointment for the interview was on April 6th, which was Good Friday. So Alan called them when he got the paper saying April 6th and said he could not make it that day, can they please reschedule??. They said "no problem, we'll send you another appointment". So what does Alan think?? He thinks he can still use the access-a-ride until he gets his interview. That's WHAT USUALLY HAPPENS. In his case however, once a person cancels or re-schedules an Access-a-Ride re-evaluation, they AUTOMATICALLY TAKE YOU OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM, and you can't book any more trips or use the Access-a-ride. We were incredulous. I called and got it straight from the supervisor. She said "he is no longer in the system, and even if we re-schedule him for a new appointment, he has to get their on his own, we don't pick him up". I wanted to kill her. Alan must have called up supervisor after supervisor. Always the same story. He is no longer in the system, he has to get another appointment for an interview. They won't re-instate him. And all this because he could not keep the Good Friday Appointment.

This stinks. I'm writing the Mayor.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote