View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I think the cold from MGUS or cryoglobulinemia is PAINFUL...like frostbite.

The cold from hypothyroid at least for me, is a deep cold, which leads me to making hot tea etc or soup.

PNers here typically cannot stand heat...and prefer cooler temps. We typically stick our feet out from under blankets etc.

When the heat sensing nerves are affected and over work, burning is often the result, and cooling off the area with Biofreeze or a cold pack helps.

The people with the increased viscosity of the blood however, seem to like warmer temperatures.

My feet will become uncomfortable at around 85 degrees.

PN is a mixed bag depending on your particular case. Over 100 types of PN you know!
Does either the cold from MGUS or hypothyroid last long or is it only for few seconds and then will come back again (like a cycle)? The sensation when i have that goose bumps that accompany the cold sensation is uncomfortable but not like the frostbite.

Now that the temperature is getting warmer (at least here in Florida), when the sun hits my skin, particularly the area where the prickly sensation is the most, its very uncomfortable. The good thing about getting warmer is I dont use thick clothes which is good for my skin. Anything less touching my skin is better for me. It gives me the feeling of I am getting healed .

Talking about tea, I never read anything about tea in this forum. I am a tea drinker for as long as I could remember (no coffee). I limit myself to green tea (decaf). I hope there is nothing in the tea that is bad for the PN.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote