View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Did you know that most of the corn grown today in the USA cannot be eaten till its processed by the Monsanto corp into things like high fructose corn syrup and pet foods?

I was a nurse. A prison nurse no less, so YES we allowed prisoners to get meds that were ..."study group" meds. I have seen folks that needed medical care passed over. I have seen folks who had more than their share of medical care given more and more and more.

I was just put on a medicine for migraines. From day one. I said "i feel buzzy. I feel like I am going to pass out. I feel like my heart is fluttering" MD said "thats rare, havent heard of such effects, keep taking it." so, he wants me to see a cardio guy. as a nurse I decide to take my own BP. its 82/54! no wonder! I go to the Cardio and he looks up the drug and says NO! you run low on BP normally this is NOT the drug for you! it could result in bad heart rates, and inability to stay conscious. BLAMO! out I went, then I received a day full of bad treatment at the hands of my equals in the ER. I was ashamed to ID myself as a nurse if this is what passes for one today.

I still have a migraine. MD said he wont give me the drug I asked for because my insurance company wont let him till I fail off of another drug first. Same thing for DMDs for MS. if you walk up and want Ty first, you cant. You have to fail off ABCR first, then you can try TY. Want provigil? good luck! Even with amazing insurance I cant get it paid for.

Pink slime in the hamburger. Chickens being housed in conditions that encourage salmonella to develop IN the egg itself! Pesticides, food being brought in from countries that dont regulate their water, or sanitation and we have out breaks of weird diseases. More people die of medical mistakes per year than you can imagine.

its a scary world that we actually live in. There is something to be said for the paranoia, but we can mitigate our damages by being proactive. Keep an eye on what we buy. Research what we take. Really talk to our MD. Read the labels in the grocery store. Make your food, dont count on someone else to salt it with MSG for you. Im not even talking about it being the year 2012 and snookies baby being due on December 21....RUN!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (04-13-2012), ginnie (04-15-2012), Judy2 (04-15-2012), Kitty (04-13-2012), mrsD (04-13-2012), SallyC (04-13-2012)