View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spine95 View Post
Most of the neuropsychiatrists were doing their best to talk their pain patients, who had been referred by their pain docs, into discontinuing their sched. IIs as they felt the sched. IIs caused rebound pain. They had far more training in addiction than chronic pain and felt that most of us had been turned into addicts. They were on a mission!!!!
That again sounds to me like, as I mentioned, some article in their journal(s) purporting such a contention AND/OR equation of dependence with addiction (perhaps a reactionary/backlash response to their clinical differentiation or vice versa) which came about around the same time as the publication of Definitions Related to the Use of Opioids for the Treatment of Pain: Consensus Statement of the American Academy of Pain Medicine, the American Pain Society, and the American Society of Addiction Medicine (Adoption Date: April 1, 1997; rev. February 1, 2001)

Unfortunately this confusion/equation persists (and continues to be disseminated) today among medical professionals (who above all SHOULD know better by now), bureaucrats & politicians, yellow journalists, and laypersons alike.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote