View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
Ok, folks STOP wearing the eye-patch!! I went to a neuro-opthalmologist and his tech fixed a pair of glasses for me with SCOTCH TAPE -- YES, SCOTCH TAPE!!! Here's what you do. Figure out WHICH eye is dominant. My right eye is dominant. So, he put the FUZZY-looking (NOT the clear kind) of Scotch tape over the lens of my left eye (non-dominant). IF you do NOT yet NEED glasses, you could get a pair of those el-cheapo kind at a dollar store and just KNOCK out the lens on the side that you will need to LOOK through -- and put tape on the side you need to cover. I'm telling you, the scotch tape makes the glass JUST blurry enough that you won't be able to focus and it is amazing. When people see me, now -- I almost look "normal". They can see the shape of my eye through the "semi-transparent" tape -- and it takes a second or two for them to figure out something is different. It is not NEARLY as distracting as an eye-patch!! And it lets LIGHT into your eye!!

How do you pretend you're a pirate with scotch tape instead of a cool eye-patch?
Brennan068 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote