View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default CRPS & Chronic chills

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernclay2 View Post
Hello.
I have CRPS (from crushed nerve in arm) for many years. I am trying to find info, or links, or anyone with helpful advice based on real info relating to total body sweats.
I suffer from severe total body sweats with painful chills. I can experience this for hours or days.
I am trying to find out if any CRPS info/doctors/websites explain this as a verified CRPS symptom, and if so, what can be done to relieve it.
As a side note.
I get this total body sweating anytime and regularly. But lately I have noticed that if I am not sweating, and then I eat something, it triggers the sweats that will then continue on (just like when I don't eat and they start on their own). Just to be clear. The sweats happen all the time, not from eating, but lately I have noticed eating triggers it also.
Any useful info would be greatly appreciated. I have had CRPS for over 10 years, but lately I sometimes feel like the sweats and chills are harder to handle than the truck loads of pain I have already endured and figured out how to manage. Thanks again. Good luck to all and God Bless You.
Mine is a similar story...damaged wrist nerve caused CRPS. Like yourself, the chronic, painful chills are more debilitating than the hand pain. I have recently discovered that small amounts of percocet (2.5 mg) every 3-6 hours make a significant difference. My doctor has no explanation other than that the chills are part of the pain syndrome and percocet is an effective analgesic (though it does nothing for the nerve pain in my hand).
At least it's worth a conversation with your doctor. Good luck.
lnagle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote