View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 05:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Mirapex and you

I am sure the actual Parkinson's disease causes some effect on our cognitive ability, but Mirapex definitely gives me attention deficit and you are taking a lot. I have never taken Artane, but if I were you I would read up on the literature.

I have never seen Mirapex do anything for my Parkinson's but it does wonders for my Restless Leg Syndrome. If I were you, I would cut back a little on the Mirapex and don't start it until, say, noon. Do you seem more intelligent in the morning? Then Mirapex was the culprit.

Sinemet is good, but it has drawbacks too. However, why not try a low dose and see if it helps. If you do not need Mirapaex for RLS, drop it slowly, of course, in stages. By the way, I take Amantadine as well and it somehow assists Sinemet. Amantadine is actually anti-viral medication, but I guess if DM cough medicine can help PD why not anti-viral meds?

Good luck. My bet is that you are not losing your cognitive skills. You are simply becoming Mirapex-boggled. (My patient opinion)

Ann
AnnT2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote