View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 01:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Problems with sores under new partial

Not sure if this is going to Bryanna, but that's my intention - new here

I have Sjogrens/Severe Xerostomia/Neuropathy and clenching issues. In fact, that's why my teeth were extracted decades ago - before splints were invented - because I woke up every day with sore teeth and aching head/neck. I begged them to extract - now - 40 yrs later - I'm reaping the consequences of that action.

After having a crowns removed (lower canines) I had a root canal on one and new crowns placed - that's all gone relatively well (if anything at the dentist can be described in positive terms) The new upper and bottom partial were delivered in January.

This dentist belongs to the biological dental organization linked to in your sticky, and goes to great lengths to use the most natural products as possible. Problem is that she has mostly dealt with people who have "normal" saliva - I've had parotid gland removal due to Sjogren's tendency toward non-hodgkins lymphoma - she has never had this many adjustments on one patient and is running out of patience. She has adjusted both under the partial and the bite several times.

She sent me to the lab yesterday and to my shock, instead of smoothing out the rough edges under the partial, they made it worse and had a very negative attitude on top of it . . . telling me that there was no way I could live without denture pain and that I shouldn't expect to eat meat or salads.

Scary part of that is that my doctor is threatening to send me for IV iron because of the GI issues caused by the supplements . . . as you may or may not know . . . sjogrens robs most moisture from the body, including that in mucous membranes and GI tract. Without TMI (too much information) bathroom visits can be excruciating.

If I've written all of this to someone other than Bryanna - could you please forward it, with my apologies for its length

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Emma,

I know this is frustrating but keep in mind that the temporary partial is just that.... temporary. The color of the teeth could have possibly been matched better to your adjacent teeth, but to change them now would require you to give up the appliance for a few days so the lab could change the teeth. That can be done, if you are willing to go without the partial for a bit.

It's important to make it clear to your dentist that you want your permanent partial or bridge to match your adjacent teeth better. Otherwise he may assume you like the shade and order the permanent one the same shade.

The denture teeth will not darken.. they will stain a little bit from different foods, but no they won't darken.

I would live with this for a few days and see if you like it better. If you have an appointment to go back to the dentist for an adjustment and you are still unhappy with the shade, then speak to him about it then.

What is the future plan to replace those extracted teeth... implants, partial denture, bridge??

Bryanna
Exodus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote