View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 01:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Doctor vent and questions

I was laid off from work in October, following what was diagnosed as a stroke (even though MRI and other testing was negative). Due to the nature of the work, the regulations state that I am unable to continue that type of work.

That said, I have been looking for work for months now, and have gone on several interviews but have had no offers yet. Well, yesterday I had an interview, and would you believe that my darned eye started drooping while I was dressing for the interview ? I was so upset, but grateful that I was recently given glasses, because they hide the dis-figuration a bit.

The neurologist had called while I was away, and told me that they wanted to start me on an antidepressant (3rd time now). I don't know why he won't listen, and he seems to think that I'm nuts even though I look visually different! The only thing making me nuts is his ignorance

I called back and demanded that he do bloodwork for MG. He mentioned it at the last visit (due to my eye droop issues and complaints of fatigue) but did not suggest testing. The nurse called and said that I can get the bloodwork next week (yea)!

If it comes back negative, at least I can rule it out. I need a doctor who takes me seriously, because nobody is going to hire me with these issues! How does he expect me to live a "normal" life when I sometimes look and feel anything but?

Sorry for the downer thread, I'm just so frustrated with my body and these doctors. What were some of your earliest symptoms? What made your doctor's decide to test for MG, and what other tests had they done?
Agirlandhertort1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote