View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:56 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default wasn't meant to bite

they are doing their jobs. but it's not enough for us. we are running out of time. the orgs seem to be designed to educate and inform newcomers. they are also now concentrating on clinical trials., but it took some of them awhile. i'm just suggesting one procedure that could identify everything but costs thousands of dollars per person. i think this money is spent unproductively in other ways. i'm not biting, i'm trying to share ideas. Better bang for their buck.

instead of recruiting, just test genomes. that news would spread like wildfire if it were free or for a donation.

could all of our genes identify types, everyone with a certain characteristic don't get pd. everyone with another mutation always gets it. the information would be endless and the millions would be well spent.

the status quo is not working. they are plodding thru these trials with funding and not sharing the results and getting refunded. yes they would need to spend money on us. and they probably would be able to change the illness. it's on the inside of us. thats' where they need to be. while we are alive.

i get confused about how to deal with orgs. i have wanted them to work with us for years; but i want to produce something that changes the disease. so let's learn how we are the same inside and out. if it's a good idea. i wish some people like debi or robin or even michael would seriously discuss this here. let us know you hear us.

if this bites a hand, that hand doesn't understand. there i finished with a rhyme.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 04-13-2012 at 08:34 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (05-03-2012), olsen (04-21-2012)