View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Withdrawal Itching

Hi Y'all,

I am coming off of Lyrica - I know I look for info on other people experiencing the same thing, when I experience something, so just putting a little blurb as I experience the really severe stuff. I am coming off b/c I had 95%+ of the side effects to include really bad edema all over - was on 225m twice a day. Started ~ Jan 2011-Apr 2012.

Not taking the 2nd dose on my 1st day immediatly resulted in lots of peeing & the edema getting much much better (edema to the point of CHF).

Then 24 + hours of nuclear hot flashes w/ profuse sweating.

Then/now into EXTREME itching (OMFG) had to finally leave work early & have just been trying to get thru w/ the use of generic benadryl. Can't stand clothes to touch, especially the seams - I have just been trying to get myself into sleep to make it through - so far it has been around 36 hrs. A bit after this started I also had some trembling/shaking & some nausea - chewable Bonine helped w/ the nausea (a staple in my "kit" I always carry - works great on public transporation too).

Cool air has helped sooth the itching some, but it really is insane & all over - even in the areas you would not want to itch in public, that is if you could stand the clothes.

Also using some Valerian Root to help sooth things & I love using therapeutic essential oils - Vervain & Patchouli calm me so I am using those at pulse points & I specifially like putting two drop of Vervain on the bottom of each foot & speading it out all over.

Anything to not have to put any of the Lyrica back in my system. I really needed to come strait off b/c of the severity & progressive nature of my side effects & finally figuring out they were side effects after they had been going on quite some time vice it being symtpoms of FMS / CFS.

The literature will tell you that it is recommended that you taper & I have consulted w/ my doc...for me it is really necessary just to get it out of my system. I recently came off of Cymbalta - due to side effects - it actually was causing pain & a host of other issues. I really did not have discomfort. I only immediately started to feel better.

Now, I don't want to poo poo on any med b/c some really great meds, such as prednisone, have really awful side effects, but when you need them the good out weighs the bad at that point.

Just remember it is your body, do your own research, you are your own best advocate, consult with your doctor, and do what is right for you - not anyone else.

My cats say they really hope this is over soon b/c I am driving them freakin bananas & besides I have to work to bring home their food. Taking a day of leave without pay - can't really afford to do that, but certainly can't go to work in this condition either.

Oops, almost forgot - also taking some broken cell wall Chlorella to help detox.

As things progress I will jump back on a thread & post an update so when people seach they can at least see another person's experience.

My other Rx: Synthroid alternate 110mcg/112mcg (just got labs - good #), Prilosec, NSAID - Voltaren, night time 1mg Klonopin for all over body twiches - this dosage has never raised in over 1.5 years - not for sleep just to stop the random muscle twitching so I can sleep (mult limb movements verified by sleep study). Also take a variety of well researched supplements that are right for my situation.

PinkPlatypus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-19-2012)