View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 09:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

SUE, I don't know much about PN but I do know, as a lot of comments on this site also suggest, that worry and anxiety can make things worse. This has certainly been the case for me.

I thought MrsD comments were really helpful
Quote:
Part of PN is the sensations you feel, the other part is how your brain interprets those sensations. Much research is being done, about how the brain creates pathways in chronic pain. It is much like learning to ride a bike or play an instrument. You brain will favor pathways to the learning task, so it becomes easier each time so you can master it. With pain, you are making pathways, to perceive pain more easily and faster. This is a bitter unproductive cycle, and distracting yourself is going to be more useful for you in the long run.
I am really working on my ANTs at present. One of the things I have picked up is that the people who take the bull by the horns and get proactive seem to have much better results. Between my bouts of worry and anxiety I am already seeing this as an opportunity to improve my life, but being proactive and positive is easier said than done.
It's probably a case of working with what I've got rather than trying to fix it.

Sounds like you have a very supportive husband. I hope you had a good birthday.
RideOn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote