View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 09:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It depends on how badly overstimulated you get. It's possible to overstimulate yourself to the point of severe and prolonged relapse (even with appearance of new symptoms), which is more or less what happened to me.

Still, sitting around and getting depressed isn't the greatest for recovery either. I find that I have to really strive for balance: modest stimulation for while (one sense at a time), then total rest and freedom from stimulation--but not for so long that I start getting depressed. It's a lot of trial and error for me, but I feel like I'm getting better at striking a balance.

It helps to not stimulate more than one sense at a time. Thus, if you're listening to music or the news or whatever, you can close your eyes. If you're reading, don't also listen to music. As a number of people here have posted before, multitasking is very difficult for us, and stimulating more than one sense at a time can quickly result in sensory overload and increased symptoms.

Pete
Dolfinwolf (04-16-2012), EsthersDoll (04-14-2012), Soccergal (04-13-2012)