Thread: discouraged
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 06:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default discouraged

Hello,
4 months ago (two weeks before Christmas) I had an extreme depressive manic episode which led to a diagnosis of bipolar disorder and a prescription of Lithium. 10 years ago I was diagnosed with clinical depression so, basically, I went misdiagnosed for 10 years. I have taken all the steps necessary to get on with my life, or more appropriately, get my life back. However, I am struggling.... very hard. I have had to quit my career and now I am finding the simplest task of brushing my teeth to be the most difficult of the day. I am here for help and guidance. Two weeks (maybe three) my meds were changed from lithium to seroquel and this has been nothing but a frustration. I am crying on the inside because I don't know how much more of this I can take. Everyone keeps telling me that it takes "awhile". Well, "awhile" for me means a couple weeks..... not a couple months! And, what if they mean a couple years? When will this get better or will it ever get better. I am desperately seeking help. Somebody, please help me.
sunishower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote