View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 10:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Request for more info...

Hi Kellysf,

I had an arterial TOS surgery in Feb 2010. My symptoms returned in about 10 months.
I am having similar issues as you. I started therapy with Peter Edgelow and he was of he opinion that scar tissue built up over time. An MRI of the brachial plexus was done with view of the thoracic inlet and no scar was seen.( at another facility) I live in the bay area and am curious if you went to Dr Scott Werden for your MRI as I am thinking of doing the same to see if they can locate the scar tissue post TOS surgery. I would really appreciate it if you could share any info about anything helping you right now.

Thanks so much.

Stos2

Stos2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysf View Post
I had failed surgery in January 2005. Eight months after the surgery my surgeon ordered an MRI with a radiologist who specializes in TOS and he said I had scar tissue building up on my brachial plexus. Both the radiologist and the vascular surgeon explained that the scar tissue was the reason for the continued pain. Several doctors have since told me that scar tissue on the brachial plexus equals chronic pain.

My surgeon did use a wrap in an attempt to prevent scarring but it didn't work in my case.

Kelly
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote