View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 10:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default computer work makes neck pain worse!

Those of us that have to sit in the same position for the majority of the day and work on computers are more likely to have neck/shoulder problems to begin with. I didn't realize that my 'desk job' was going to be so challenging either after I returned to work from my ACDF. I could not tolerate more than 3 hours per day at first and had to gradually increase my hours. I work full time now (3 months post op) however, I have a lot of pain and have to use heat and ice throughout the day. This recovery has been very difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBB View Post
Hi, I had acdf at C4/5, 5/6 and 6/7 on 2/21. I developed excruciating nerve pain in left arm POST-OP and had it for 15 days before it started subsiding. I had no nerve pain pre-op...just a dull ache in left arm. I was terrified thinking that the surgery had caused additional problems, but, now, I'm thinking that the nerve was irritable from being 'jiggled' during surgery and the fact that I had had the pain for almost three years pre-op (assault). I, too, was prescribed PT but have found that it causes pain...we have to listen to our bodies and do what works for us. I cannot do anything repetitive for very long with activating the pain across C6/7 where the worst herniation was. My immediate post-op pain was, also, excruciating; and I had to have strong pain meds which made my blood pressure drop dangerously low. I am just now starting to feel better. My PT and home health nurse think I should be able to do more at this point and have contacted the NS to ask that my x-ray appt. be bumped up since it is scheduled for one month from now...just to try to determine what is going on. Bottom line: listen to your body and do not let anyone dictate how much you do.
Sally Mae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote