Thread: Lost
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 07:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default LOST--Actually Maybe Found???

CJam,
WOW, all to common have I heard of people (myself included) having the true diagnosis of Epilepsy being confused/substituted with "Stress." I've been fortunate enough to have my 3.5 year stretch of active Epilepsy under control. Thankfully,the correct diagnosis was offered @ Hershey Medical Center, who changed my life, with a reference to University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. I found it interesting when I was reading your current description of your Seizures. You did say that in the past you had several "Convulsive Seizures", but the recent ones give you a sense of "Absence", but are still able to talk, work, walk (Im assuming), and other tasks you were in the progress of doing just as the onset of the Seizure came. The newer Seizures seem to have many of the symptoms of the Epilepsy I experienced in those 3.5 years. My Seizures were referred to as Partial Complex, which are in the category of petit mal, so no convulsions. My Seizures included the "Absence (or dementia), a Taste or Smell (usually Foul or sour), Blanking out was pretty typical, and NO MATTER WHAT...AN INSTANEOUS POUNDING HEADACHE!!! If you felt/still feel uncomfortable or not satisfied with the current treatment your Neurologist is giving to you, finding a new physician is probably your best bet. Without a question, to establish somewhat of a balance and control of the Epilepsy, please stay on some medicine. Tell the neuro of the side-effects you're uncomfortable with, and suggest it may be time to potentially change to a different Anti-Epileptic, just something to put you as ease. I wish you the best of health.
GOOD LUCK,
Clutch8185@aol.com