View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Mae View Post
My P.T. says his job is done.
Is there anything to prevent you from continuing the P.T. on your own? Usually when I've had courses, I've had exercises to do between sessions and keep doing afterward for maintenance.

You might look into myofascial trigger point therapy, and ask you surgeon if it's ok to try. Once one of those knots gets established, they can be difficult to get rid of. Not all P.T.s know how to do this properly (even though they may say/think they can). Speaking from experience, MF therapy has helped my wife & self tremendously with spasms, and with help from a certified therapist, we've learned to do it at home, and still do when needed.

Working at computers all day is what caused our myofascial TPs to begin with. The therapy can be very effective for that - even for people who haven't had surgery.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote