View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 11:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi concernedmom,

I'm sorry to hear that your daughters sz. (seizures) are changing.
I personally think that some of this could be happening because her Dr. took her off her meds which he should have never done in my own opinion.
I'm no neuro but after having sz. for 40 yrs. and remembering when I was a kid my sz. changed also. I started having absence (petit mal) sz. when I was 10 yrs. old and by the age of 12 I started to have complex partial sz. also. When I have a complex partial sz. I will blank out for a few seconds and once in awhile I will have muscle spasms around my mouth where I can't speak, I will wander around the house not realizing what I'm doing, and it will take me longer to realize what has happened after the sz. is over.
I can't help but wonder if your daughter is having the same type of sz. that I am having, absence and complex partial.
Your daughter is at the age now where she's going through puberty and growing up into a young lady this can often cause sz. for a girl do to hormones changing every month. I know it was a hard time for me and it bothered me a lot causing sz. after sz. because the estrogen level would get high causing more excitment while the progesterone level dropped and progesterone helps calm the nerves.
My best advice is to keep your daughter on the lamictal and you might want to add vitamin B12 500 mcg. once a day to help calm her nerves down. If your daughter isn't allergic to nuts have her eat a few of them because they have progesterone oil in them which can help reduce her sz. I know it did wonders for me.
I know it's hard for a parent to do but let your daughter lead a every day normal life. When I was your daughters age I couldn't go any place or be with my friends at school and that hurt me a lot. People were afraid of me and I lost a lot of friends. I don't want that to happen to your daughter or anyone else.
I wish you and your daughter only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote