View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 03:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default sceared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi,

You may have what is called an aphthous ulcer or canker sore. These generally develop in the mouth and various other places from some sort of trauma or irritation. Oral surgery or hitting the area with your toothbrush or hard food could cause the ulcer to occur. You can do a google search to see what they look like and compare the photos to what you have. Or you could be developing an infection and the white area could be what is called a fistula. This is similar to a pimple and it appears to be on the surface but it is much deeper than just on the gum. Either way, it is important for your dentist to make the proper diagnosis.

Rinsing with warm salt water is best until you can see your dentist. Only use a pinch of salt and rinse 3-4 times a day. Avoid using any mouthwash, especially any that contains alcohol or harsh chemicals because this will just cause further irritation. Keep the area clean and continue to brush all of your teeth as usual to keep down the level of bacteria.

Please let us know how you're doing...

Bryanna
Hello Bryanna, Forgive me if I'm not doing this in a correct manner. Iam New to the site. I was doing some research on the aftermath of wisdom tooth extraction, and came across the site. I was so pleased with the conversation between you and Jwang.

I'm in the Army and recently had 3 wisdom teeth removed. Before the procedure was done I knew and felt something was wrong. I have all the symptoms that J had, severe pain, knot in my lower right jaw, can't open my mouth. I haven't eaten for almost 2 weeks, besides some soup maybe once a day. I'm so scared I will never be able to open my mouth again.

I expressed my concerns to the dentist, and he told me it was infected, and that if by next week the antibiotics don't work, he may have to recut and go back in and drain the infection out. He still has yet to mention why I have a knot on my jaw, and why I can't open my mouth yet to do anything. I'm so afraid and don't trust them to do anything, but I don't wanna get worse.

What should I do. You seen so educated on these matters. Please help.
Venusmscott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote