View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 07:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Oh boy do I know what you're talking about. This nerve pain is awful, as well as the DEEP bone type pain ~ the pain that seems to go straight to your soul!!! Yes, I know what you mean. it's the kind of pain that is hard to describe.

I'm so sorry you're suffering so. One nerve medication that has helped me some is TOPAMAX. It has helped with the burning, hot-poker, water-running type pain. It's really been great. Now if it could help with the horrible PAIN, that would be wonderful!!! I was just thinking that perhaps Topamax could help you. I haven't had any side effects from it, but some people might.

Like you, I can't walk much of a distance. Sitting is a new experience in pain. Laying down isn't much better because I have "sore spots" on the back that when I lay down, it just aggravates things. Maybe I should just hang from the ceiling??? lol.

I'm going on Friday (tomorrow) for yet another MRI, as I'm almost sure I've herniated another disc. I now have sciatica in both lets instead of the right one that i've had it in for the last 24 years. Don't really know why he's doing the MRI cause I can't have more surgery ~ doc's say i'm inoperable.

So between the two of us Kalikage, we couldn't even make ONE GOOD SPINE. LOL. God bless and take care. Hugs, Lee
Wow!!! I am reading this thread and just amazed at how much we have in common. I am 47yr old and had a tethered cord release surgery in January of last yr. It was not my first surgery. In 08 I had 2 fusions L5-S1, I have never been free of pain since. It has only gotten worse. i really thought and prayed that with the last one I could get my life back...NOT! My quality of life is horrible. There is so much I use to do that I would love to do now. I go have another MRI on the 23rd and another EMG on the 1st of May to make sure they havent overlooked something. He is thinking the tether is back, but since I got no relief from surgery no need/sense in putting me thru that again. So, what does a person do? I feel like I have been given a life sentence to Pain! I wish you the best and pray you can get some relief. Please keep me updated.
Lindaky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rndrndwego (09-05-2012)