View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default P.T. on your own

Thanks Dr. Smith. I will definitely look into that! I still do the exercises and the stretches but it's not enough. I think it's time to find another P.T. and I will ask specifically about myofascial trigger certification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Is there anything to prevent you from continuing the P.T. on your own? Usually when I've had courses, I've had exercises to do between sessions and keep doing afterward for maintenance.

You might look into myofascial trigger point therapy, and ask you surgeon if it's ok to try. Once one of those knots gets established, they can be difficult to get rid of. Not all P.T.s know how to do this properly (even though they may say/think they can). Speaking from experience, MF therapy has helped my wife & self tremendously with spasms, and with help from a certified therapist, we've learned to do it at home, and still do when needed.

Working at computers all day is what caused our myofascial TPs to begin with. The therapy can be very effective for that - even for people who haven't had surgery.

Doc
Sally Mae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote