View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 PM
----

10 yr Member
----

10 yr Member

Thanks all for the reality check. LadyLaura has been a super support locally and it makes me feel better knowing I'm not completely insane for being so exhausted. I saw Dr. Donahue and he said pretty much the same thing--we just removed a bone from your body, as well as muscle--it's major surgery and you need to take it easy. I get it intellectually, but I still feel like a slug. Plus, as LadyLaura told me the other day, after so many years I found a solution, found a doctor, had surgery, feel much better, etc.--so it's sort of this anticlimactic situation of recovering now that has me off kilter. I'm cranky and sluggish and feeling like a lump. I appreciate the kind words and you are right to listen to my body. As my ulnar nerve heals and becomes less swollen, it sort of aches. It's getting dramatically better almost daily, but I want to be able to swim again (my workout of choice) and that's not going to be a possibility anytime soon. Dr. Donahue suggested just doing some walking in the pool. The smell of chlorine might cheer me up!

Thanks, all.

Nospam, are you still on for the 19th? I wondered how the pt that promised to keep you from having surgery went. Either way, I hope all is well.
Limoges is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ladylaura418 (04-15-2012)