Thread: hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Hi Sally~

I haven't had the problems of being in intensive care after surgery, but I have had 7 back surgeries. I am fused from L/2 threw S1. My first was 3 fusions at L4,L5 and S1. They put in screws that I was allergic to. Then I also fill with scar tissue and have stenosis. After much suffering, my next surgery was to use my own pelvis bone. Then the first fusions above and below gave away ane had to be fused plus more scar tissue taken out. Three years later I had a stimulator put in by another surgeon and I was in nothing but pain, so I had it removed by the other surgeon plus all my own bone had crumbled, so he replaced it with artificial bone. So far it is holding up.

I also had a buldging disc that fell into my spinal cord. That was really my first surgery. I usually forget it, for it was nothing compare to the other surgeries. They were all very painful and I still have to wear a brace after 15 years. My only advice would be don't have surgery until you have to. It just opens the door to more. I started in 1991 and I still see a surgeon in June.
_________
Fancylady
Fancylady_2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote