View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 03:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Poll

Limoges,
At 4 weeks post op, the first time I was exhausted, could literally do nothing and as in hospital for the first 3 weeks!
The second(roughly 9 weeks ago now) was an easier recovery than the first but at 4 weeks I was still very tired and couldn't do much...
Give yourself time and be gentle with yourself. How ling has he said till you can swim? Maybe go and float around and relax.
Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
The PT went very well, but nothing dramatic to prevent surgery. Surgery for the left rib is a go for the 19th. I wonder how soon after I'll be able to get the right done. I'm hoping just 3-4 weeks.

What is the plan for your other side?
Be careful having your second surgery so soon, I left 4 months between mine and it wasn't enough. I hadn't recovered enough physically or mentally(the first surgery had lots of complications) but at 4 weeks you will still have limited use of your surgeried side, to go and have the other side done and have no use of that one.
At 4 weeks you cannot be sure if a successful surgery on the one side to decide if it is worth having the second dOne.
At 4 months my surgeonwanted to wait, but I wanted to get it done. Which I am glad about, having surgery looming isn't nice.
Do you have good support? You may need help with lots.

Good luck for the surgery
Take care
Joanna81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blurto (04-15-2012), Limoges (04-15-2012), nospam (04-15-2012)