View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 04:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the detailed description. It sounds like some of those tests shed light on some of the functional problems you are having, which is good - it will give her targets which can help you in a practical way.

Make sure she is fully aware of how tired you were after the session, and how you had to go straight home and sleep for 4 hours. This, obviously, is not a normal reaction to the tasks she had you do. It is therefore a significant result of her assessments, but one which she won't know about unless you tell her.

I don't yet know very much about the specifics of what OTs do for 'mild' head injury, but for other conditions which induce fatigue (eg cardiac or respiratory problems) it is common for one of the main OT interventions to be measures to help manage this fatigue eg through planning, prioritising and spacing tasks through the day.

If anything this could in some ways be even more helpful for us as we sometimes lack insight into what will cause our fatigue, and when to stop. I know I would have found professional guidance on this incredibly helpful early on.

This may well be what the planner is for. If not then you may want to ask her if she could give you some help in this area.

Hope it all goes well!

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
emme727 (04-16-2012)