View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just posted this in the other recent fatigue thread:

The fatigue I experience is just awful.

The physical fatigue I get effects my cognitive functioning and speech a great deal. Everyone can tell when I'm getting tired because I get confused and either have trouble pronouncing words or my grammar gets really horrible when I'm speaking or both.

When I first started working - the physical fatigue I felt lasted for a long time - I would work a four hour shift and would then have to rest for the entire evening and following day before I could return for another four hour shift. Now I can work a four hour shift every day M-F - but I still need to rest a great deal in the evening and I get worse as the week continues so I need to rest a lot on the weekends too.

I never had to deal with any real fatigue before the injury. I was very capable of pushing myself right through being tired. And I was rarely ever tired, I worked more than 60 hours a week regularly in a very physically and mentally demanding job and had a very clean home and car and I was very well kept too. People used to ask me where I got all my energy.

I really dislike the fatigue I have to deal with now as a result of this accident and injury and it has greatly reduced the quality of my life. The fatigue I have now distresses me a great deal. I measure my own self worth based on how productive I am and how much I can accomplish mentally and physically. So this fatigue has greatly reduced my self-image and self-esteem and makes me feel worthless.

I just applied to be a part of a study that is attempting to research the fatigue people experience after sustaining a mTBI. I believe one of the goals of the study is to try to create a scale to measure a person's fatigue and to give Doctors a better tool for determining a person's fatigue after a tbi. http://www.calbia.org/brain-injury-e...california.htm "Measuring Quality of Life"
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HeadStrong (04-18-2012), PlasticMonkey (04-17-2012)