View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

No not yet, but we have as of now, 252 threads scattered on this forum about it.

If you click on the main page... Peripheral Neuropathy at the top of any page on this forum, and go to the upper right where "search" is, type in CIDP into the search box. The search box only appears on the first page here.

All the threads will be listed. I cannot link to a search, because it is time driven and the link expires. So you will have to do it.

We've been here almost 6 yrs now and there are many things you can find with the search function.

Many of the CIDP patients eventually get put on IVIG to see if it can halt progression. Many CIDP's are autoimmune as well, so treating the autoimmune can arrest progression.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1172965-overview

CIDP is a more progressing and serious type of PN, because it can attack motor neurons as well as sensory. It is taken more seriously by doctors for this reason. Purely slow progressing sensory only PN is not treated in the same way. Sensory only is more common.

edit to add.... I just saw your other post at our Introductions forum.
If you were unconscious for a month? YOu could also have some brain damage, like stroke patients get. Central brain damage can also cause chronic pain. This is called central pain syndrome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_pain_syndrome
If you have THIS I don't think IVIG would work as well.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote