View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 03:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
SAMe does not have any interactions that I know of.

The only warning it carries is for bipolar patients, who might get
hyped up on it and not realize. But even then it is a mild warning, not a big one.

Here is a long monograph:
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/s...ine-000324.htm

I don't think it will have any negative effect on the gabapentin, and may in fact improve your cognition which is a common side effect of gabapentin.

It is really a great supplement and just a few months ago had the price decrease, at Costco's. I joined Costco in fact over a decade ago, just to buy it---since it was lower price there. All the money I saved payed for my membership several times over in fact back then.

There is a guarantee on NatureMade's website...if you don't like it you can return it (free shipping) for a full refund, with receipt and unused portion.

The drug interactions listed are the same as for serotonin increasing drugs. But since the SAMe is not increasing it so high like drugs do, the warning is basically a "cover your butt" warning. For people taking SSRIs or SNRIs, the warning is germain and should be followed however.

I didn't find SAMe much help for my PN, so I don't bring it up here often. But it is very good for joint and tendon issues.
I bought my SAM-e at the Commissary. Its NatureMade, 200mg, 24 pcs a pack at $9.99. I was looking for a 30-day package but I only saw the 24-piece package. I am a Sams member but not Costco. I compared the price online, it came out that the Commissary price is cheaper.

I wonder if the price at Costco is cheaper than the Commisssary's price. I should look for the cheapest quality supplements because the supplements we (PNers) are taking are for the long haul.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote