View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 10:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Spinal stenosis and also myelomalacia

Hi,

I think this is my first post to this forum although I have made a few to the rsd forum.

I am wondering if anyone here has been diagnosed with myelomalacia? I found out about mine last fall along with your usual run of the mill disc problems, spinal cord compression, and a benign tumour (vertebral haemangioma). After I found out i did some net searches and found very little except for about dogs or swine really lol. Then tonight, after a new neuro checked out some things due to increased and new symptoms, and he's ordering an up to date mri, and more referrals, I decided to google again and this time typed in new words like neurosurgery along with myelomalacia. This time all sorts of things popped up (about humans not dogs lol) so I began reading. It's all pretty specialized though. Some case studies.

I got to wondering if anyone here has this and what was done about it for them? I'd hate to see this thing progress in me and end up losing function of legs and/or arms. And if you have it too, what was suggested as treatment or non treatment so to speak.

I have other things wrong with me along with the spinal and the rsd etc., even a rare sort of brain tumour which i had treated, but i have never heard of myelomalacia before last fall ( and so gawd help me my gp even said "whatever that is" when he saw the spinal report from the neuro last year who found the spinal probs.)

?

thanks,
Ina
carousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote