View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 12:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My 2 cents...This is and has become a business

I take Stalevo cuz it's the only drug that works, then Amantadine for dyskinesia, Neurontin, Wellbutrin, and Valium for depression and anxiety, a prostate drug cuz when Im dyskinetic, I cant pass a drop if I've got a bladder full, Ambien for sleep, Vitamin D, Calcium,and Fish Oil because of a pd related Vitamin D defciency, ( which after 2 years they havent got under control )..and the list grows longer as time passes

And as the list grows pharma gets richer, and I get poorer..Being that pd is a long term disease, for which there is no cure...we are pharma's best dream come true..So far the only people that Ive seen benefit from all the money..( with the exception of MJFF )..that has been thrown at pd are the people who work for these organizations, and the people who do the research that amounts to lots of smoke, but no fire..So close, yet so far away

DBS?..I have no desire to roll the dice on that one............yet

Dance therapy?..I dont even want to get going on that one..I just think I'll just waltz my way into the grocery store and do my shopping....Are they serious???

Disclaimer

The opinions of stevem53 are soley his cynical views, and not necessarily affiliated with Neurotalk in and way, shape, or form