View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I too am well acquainted with anger at being soaked, duped and made worse. In my case my anger is more directed at myself than the doctor who put me in a wheelchair. My advice is to do what ever helps you to work through that anger. Taking legal action my be the path that gets you there but it could also keep you tied to that anger which might negatively effect your recovery.

My prayer for you is that you do whatever you need to do to get better. I am so excited that you have finally found a solution and a doctor who can help you. For me-working real hard to reverse the damage, get out of the wheelchair and move on with my life is the answer.

Yesterday a friend, who had a similar result with the SCS, asked me how I can cope with all the anger of being maimed by the doctor who put me in the wheelchair. He commented that I am not yet back to the point to where I was prior to the implantation of the Spinal Cord Stimulator that caused the spreads. Amazing as it seems, I had never looked at it like that.

I just focus on where I am now and the fact that I am getting better each week, despite the fact that most people who experience serious CRPS spreads from SCS don't improve. I also focus on the fact that now I am a better consumer and advocate for myself. You are too and that is the best skill to acquire no matter when and how we acquire it.

The glass is indeed half full! I know your glass is half full too. May 2 is just around the corner.