View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sensitivity / Dull Pain on or around left temple

This post will be very similar to a post from Utah Chriss back in Feb. of 2009. My symptoms are exactly the same. Unfortunately he never posted his diagnosis. I will quote much of his post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Chris View Post
I am a 28 year old, caucasian, male who's had sensitive skin to the touch on my left temple on my head for the past 1-2 months.

It only hurts when I graze it it softly or rub moderately. Increased pressure from my fingers does not necessarily mean an increase in pain or sensitivity. On gross observation it looks as normal as the other temple on the left side. No lumps or anything. I do not get headaches.

When I'm not touching it I don't feel it, when I fun my fingers over my right temple I feel it.
I'm currently taking prednisone and anti-virals with some OTC sinus medication. This combination of meds seems to have dulled the sensitivity even more. It's not really painful, more of a discomfort when grazed with the fingers. It is virtually non-existent in the morning. I can feel it after being awake for an hour or so, then throughout the day. After grazing it once, and feeling the sensitivity, you have to wait a few seconds before you can graze the area and feel it again... very odd.

Look for thread number 76323 from Utah Chris - he has/had the same symptoms.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by mrsD; 04-16-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: fixing quote for clarity
jwd0416 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote