View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi V,

The post that you wrote is just fine

Based on your description, you had an infection in your lower right jaw.. pain, swelling... prior to the removal of this wisdom tooth. Extracting the tooth was important because that removed the source of the infection, but if you have the same symptoms as before, then you may still have the infection in the jawbone. It is important to see your oral surgeon if the symptoms have not subsided.

It is not unusual to have limited opening of the jaw for a few weeks after wisdom tooth removal. This is due to the swelling and inflammation in the jawbone and surrounding tissue. However, if you feel that you are not improving, then see the oral surgeon.

Let us know how you're doing!
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusmscott View Post
Hello Bryanna, Forgive me if I'm not doing this in a correct manner. Iam New to the site. I was doing some research on the aftermath of wisdom tooth extraction, and came across the site. I was so pleased with the conversation between you and Jwang.

I'm in the Army and recently had 3 wisdom teeth removed. Before the procedure was done I knew and felt something was wrong. I have all the symptoms that J had, severe pain, knot in my lower right jaw, can't open my mouth. I haven't eaten for almost 2 weeks, besides some soup maybe once a day. I'm so scared I will never be able to open my mouth again.

I expressed my concerns to the dentist, and he told me it was infected, and that if by next week the antibiotics don't work, he may have to recut and go back in and drain the infection out. He still has yet to mention why I have a knot on my jaw, and why I can't open my mouth yet to do anything. I'm so afraid and don't trust them to do anything, but I don't wanna get worse.

What should I do. You seen so educated on these matters. Please help.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote