View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 01:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
The spine, especially the cervical part, is a wonderful source of a variety of pains and troubles.
While we tend to think the worst when something unexplained starts to occur, I think you'll find that most odd pains, twinges etc are simply the result of stresses that we are applying-i.e. lifestyle- and simple remedies should be the first treatment.
How do you treat your neck? Lots of computer/ electronic device use? Lying on a couch or slumping in a chair? Think about how you might be putting your neck under strain, and see what you can do to ease off a bit.
Your pillow may not be offering good support, and the good ones are not cheap but do a wonderful job. Mine cost over $200, but you would need to spend at least half that I'd say.
General muscle tension and life stresses can be a major cause of spinal problems, and virtually everybody suffers at one time or another.
Look at your lifestyle, and perhaps see a physio for a spine checkup, and consider a remedial or sports massage to sort your muscles out.
Should do the trick.
Spoken like a person who has not dealt with any of the cranial neuralgias. As if they respond to a different pillow, massage or lifestyle changes.
windrivermaiden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote