View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhutton View Post
Sulphur is an element that imparts antioxidant properties to molecules containing it. For example, glutathione, pioneered by Dr Perlmutter, contains sulphur.(English spelling!!) In the last 5 years, 25,000 medical articles have been published on glutathione.
Mirapex (pramipexole), also contains sulphur.
Some molecules contain sulphur in an oxidised form, eg zonisamide, so they don't show antioxidant properties. They contain sulphur with oxygen atoms directly attached, they don't have the unoxidised form -S-.
Selenium, is also an element that imparts antioxidant properties. It is in the same group of elements as sulphur in the periodic table.
All useless information!!!
Ron
Hello, I am new to this site but have seen comments about sulphur and just want to suggest people watch the video that I recently watched which is an interview by Dr Mercola of Dr Stephanie Seneff wherein she covers a great deal of highly interesting stuff, including information on sulphur. She is a researcher with outstanding credentials from MIT, i.e. not to be dismissed lightly. The interview is 90 minutes long but worth every minute. I suspect Ron Hutton will appreciate her.
I am a Medical Herbalist and Nutritionist with a special interest in PD, MS, and all the other major conditions that I have treated with major dietary changes. I am not a fan of supplementation as feel that all our nutrients must be available from food, as long as our digestive apparatus is not only functioning fully, but not being sabotaged by wrong food choices.
Afifah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote