View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I had both of mine done in an outpatient hospital clinic.

The risks increase with people with seizure disorders, or who are already diabetic.

Screening relatively healthy people for trending or fine tuning, is relatively safe. I had a 2hr one done in the OB office looking for gestational diabetes, which was negative.

My second GTT which was a 4hr, I "lost" it near the end. Shaking crying, and pain from the needle sticks and low readings... which my veins created a very painful experience.

Also notice that the website is in Holland... a European opinion therefore. Other countries have different points of view and differing
activities in clinics and offices.
But doing the long test is definitely not safe at home for some patients.
Finger stick testing is less accurate as well, and will not give the same results.

IMO in diabetics the glucose may remain around for a while depending on medication routines. In non-diabetics, it is typically low by the 2 hr mark.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 04-16-2012 at 06:05 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote