View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tics after dental appointment

My son has had an eye blinking tic for the past two years that I thought was allergy related. He never had any problems with his teeth until six months ago. During his last dental appointment, his dentist found 5 cavities (we go every 6 months). I was floored because we limit sugar and are diligent about brushing/flossing. The only difference was starting kindergarten and occasionally eating school lunch.

Immediately within minutes of his first appointment to fill his cavities, he started jerking his head backward and mouth stretching along with the eye blinking. I assumed it was due to the jaw clamp they used to hold open his mouth or because his back molars were coming in and causing pain.

I have taken him to my chiropractor because he says his neck hurts, but have had no results. I am now thinking I have been in denial and that these tics are related and could be more than just allergies/neck pain. I am feeling overwhelmed and saddened that this may be a chronic condition - it is getting worse and the tics are occurring more frequently and now in combination with each other.

I just ordered the book from latitudes and am hoping to find some natural remedies. I have an ENT appointment for him on Wednesday, to rule out ear pain causing pressure and creating the tics as he has had trouble with his hearing lately.

He has had full allergy testing due to and episode last year of head to toe hives, mouth and nose swelling and trouble breathing. No allergies showed up, but he has always been sensitive to dairy.

Any other advice would be much appreciated. I order tic tamer and will try a magnesium supplement after I talk to his doctor. I have a history of fibromyalgia, but no one in our family has had history of tics.

Thank you,
Michelle
chelleloeff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (04-16-2012)