View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

moltra: I think your gut instinct of facial issues and their relation to TOS is correct. The steroids may make you feel better for a bit, but the antibiotics will do nothing.

I have/had a lot of facial symptoms over the years - numbness, twitching, some vision and the sensation of things crawling on my face. All are related to TOS and the compression of the nerves which Nospam mentioned. I have a friend with TOS whose eye droops on one side. She has been tested for Horner's, but thankfully it's not. It comes with flares and recedes as things calm down.

I have been facial symptom free for over 8 months, but I was yelling at a sports game on Sunday and now my face is flaring. Neck muscles got tight and the cycle begins. I can reduce a lot of the symptoms by going inside my mouth and releasing trigger points. Some of the others arise from the cranial nerves and will need to be worked out by my PT.

From your list of potential Doctors, if it was me, I'd look at the Cleveland Clinic and Donahue. Good luck to you.
Anne4tos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote