View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadStrong View Post
Yes, fatigue is one of my biggest problems (aside from the headaches). I do feel not sleeping well and the Beta Blocker I'm on has a lot to do with it.

Some days just taking a shower wipes me out. I was very active before my injury and don't remember ever feeling like this.

But it's also the mental fatigue that hits in the early afternoon and stays with me all evening. It's just wicked!

EsthersDoll, you said it perfectly!
I *totally* understand that experience that taking one short shower in the morning can wipe you out for the entire day - I've been there! I'm doing better than that now - but it's still awful when I compare it to the energy I had before this injury. And taking a long productive shower can still wear me out -it's almost unbelievable since I used to be able to unload semi trucks filled with gear, carried speakers, amplifiers and lighting instruments all by myself and worked 12-15 hour days with little trouble.

I've just been trying to do what I can, accept what I can't, pace myself and focus on what I want in the short term and long term.

Hang in there!

Hopefully, someday we can start a thread that says something to the effect of, "remember when we had to deal with all that awful fatigue? - I'm so glad that's over with!"
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HeadStrong (04-18-2012)